From the UHS archives: A sign sponsored by the Central Uptown Chicago Association welcoming visitors to Uptown Chicago, date unknown.
A late 1930s view of the Uptown State Bank at Lawrence and Broadway. (UHS archives)
From the UHS archives: Looking south on Broadway from the Wilson L platform in the late 1950s.
Looking north on Broadway towards Montrose in the late 1950s. (UHS Archives)
The Wilson Avenue Theater (1050 W. Wilson) shortly after opening in 1910. (UHS archives)
The Azusa Building, which spanned half of the western side of Broadway from Montrose northwards, sometime in the late 1950s. (UHS archives)